The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection announces vacancies for various posts every year.
Lakhs of students appear for these examinations out of which the most popular is the examination for the Probationary Officer or IBPS PO.
This article mainly focuses on the study plan that a candidate needs to follow in order to crack the IBPS PO Examination.
● Complete Information regarding the Syllabus and Exam Pattern :The first step to start the preparation is that the candidate must be aware of the complete syllabus and exam pattern in order to get acquainted with the topics and the types of questions.
The syllabus as well as question paper pattern is different for both IBPS PO Prelims and Mains. So, the candidate must have the detailed idea of the syllabus regarding both the exams.
● Adhere to the examination pattern and prepare section-wise :The candidates must follow the pattern and start preparing according to the topics given. All the topics are important and must be given the same priority. The topics that are in Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude need more practice.
Apart from this, the English Language section contains topics like fill in the blanks and cloze test that don’t require that much practice but are equally important.
On the other hand, there is a section named Computer Knowledge which requires the basic insight regarding topics like parts of the computer, input output devices, etc. This is an easy section and the candidates must try to solve all the questions.
● Regular Practice :Nothing can be achieved without hard work. In order to crack IBPS PO Examinations, consistent practice is needed. Mock Test Papers and Previous Years Question Papers must be solved to have a proper understanding of the questions.
● Focus on Time Management :As the candidates know that the examination is time bound therefore, there is a requirement in proper management of time. The main aim should be to practice in such a way that the candidate can cover all the questions in the given duration of time.
● Have a keen interest in reading :The newspapers contain a lot of information regarding the general as well as banking awareness. In order to have a clear success in these bank exams, the candidate must make a habit of going through the newspaper daily. Various books also help regarding the same, so the habit must be inculcated.
About the Author:With a degree in Engineering, Saswati Ghosh is a content writer by profession. She is passionate about creative writing and blogging along with an interest in reading and part-time teaching. She is presently exploring all about the digital education with Byju’s-the Learning App.